Thursday, July 31, 2008

Helping hands

Today was quite the day! The boys had their last day of VBS. They really loved it. I didn't really mind it either due to the fact they were gone from 9 to 3 Sun.-Thurs. Brielle really loved having her mommy all to herself! Back to our day...Brad took a big step for me and made sure that we are having no more babies. It really is a bag of mixed feelings for me. As I touch my big belly it's hard to imagine that this is the last time (God willing) that I am pregnant, this is the last baby we will raise. It is the end of one season and the beginning of another...sometimes I have to take big breaths not to get weepy.

I told the boys that dad was having surgery so that we would have no more babies. I cringed because I thought for sure they would ask me how that all worked, but they didn't. Christian just said; "No more babies!?" I said; "No. Isn't four enough?" He looked at me very sternly and said; "No mom, eight is enough." I had to smile, but there wasn't a lot I could say.

Brad made it through surgery well, and we brought him home. The kids are great helpers, although I acquired a new one tonight that I was not expecting. As Micah and Christian emptied the dishwasher Brielle crawled over to the silverware side and started handing them the silverware. It was really a sweet thing to watch. The boys were beaming, and informed me that they taught her how to be a helper. I told them that because they are such good helpers that is true.

I took pictures of my newest helper. She was proud to be apart of it all, and we're proud to have her.




No comments: