Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Lazy summer days.













































I have to say that I am really enjoying letting this summer crawl by...however it is not doing that, it is flying by. The boys, i.e. Micah and Christian just finished their tee-ball season which was so much fun! Brad coached the team, and they did great! At this age the score is not kept which is fine. At some point they will know what it is to win and lose but not today. These days they get to be baseball giants. Recieving their trophies, and eating their ice cream. I don't know anyone who has it better, and I don't think they do either.



Micah is getting so big. Boyhood suits him well as he fumbles along trying to figure out what it is to be a man, and wanting so badly to be one just like his dad. The other day he asked me to look at his arm hair. He said; "it's getting to be a lot huh Mom?" I knew what he meant, because on so many occasions I have watched him look at Brad's arms and chest, and then look at his own body wishing a chest hair would be there. For now he settles to be called a gentleman, a title he holds with pride.


Christian is not so quick to embrace manhood. He longs to be faster, jump high, and throw farther, but has no desire for the responsibilty. I can't blame him. He just wants to play. I love that about him. His willingness to let go of any worry or concern is impressive. Of course his type of play almost always involves competition. We were at a pool the other day, and he started racing the boy that was swimming next to him...of course the boy didn't know at first that he was in a race, but after awhile he caught on, and they raced for some time. It's fun to watch Christian's drive for success.




Brielle is growing so fast, and loves being around her brothers every minute. Every so often she crawls down the hall because she can hear the boys playing in their room, I know when she's reached it because I can hear them shouting; "The destroyer! AAAAAhhhhhhh". She giggles and lets herself in. She loves to laugh, and I'm pretty sure she loves making people laugh. When she does something silly she look at me and wait for a response. She is also becoming more brave by the day. She will now let go of things while she is standing and balance all by herself. Her big smile lets me know that she knows she's becoming a big girl.


Anyway that's life right now. This baby in my belly is growing everyday, which is wonderful, but also makes sleeping some what difficult. I can't wait to see his or her little face. Sometimes it feels so weird to love someone so much that you haven't even seen. Every once in awhile I can feel a knee or elbow press against my side, and I can't help but smile. What a gift God has blessed Brad and I with, three healthy beautiful children with another on the way. I couldn't be more grateful.

No comments: