Monday, July 7, 2008

An extended birthday party!

My birthday is on the 6th of July, but Brad planned an extended birthday party this weekend, and it was so much fun! On Saturday the 5th we had worship practice with our good friends Marc and Amber Lutz. It went so well, and I have to say bringing this kind of music into a traditional Lutheran church is very exciting. After practice we all went back to our house and had lunch. Marc and Amber brought over a DQ ice cream cake (my favorite), and we hung out for awhile. Then we went to Nat Soo Pah, it's a pool that is heated by warm spring water. We stayed there for a few hours, and had so much fun! The kids were on the water slide over an over. Micah even got brave enough to jump off both the low and high drive. After swimming we came home and ate that wonderful ice cream cake! The Lutz's took off they had to get their daughter Gabbie ready for summer camp.

I sat on the couch just smiling, because it had been such a wonderful day. We ended it with putting all the kids in the tub for a bubble bath. That was enjoyed by all, Brielle was loving being with her brothers of course.

The day of my birthday we went to church and sang worship, it went so smoothly. I got to sing my favorite hymn, Be Still My Soul, of course we made it not sound so hymn-like. :) Afterwards we came home, and I watched as Brad and the boys did dishes. It's so wonderful watching Brad show the boys that household duties are shared, not assigned. Brad made a wonderful lunch of beef enchiladas, and I opened my gift. Brad and the boys got me a 22, for target practice. It was quite the surprise! But I love that he thought of me and took the time to pick something he thought I would really enjoy.

The rest of the day was full of relaxation...my kind of day. Family and friends called to wish me Happy Birthday and it really was.

No comments: