Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sunday funday

Sunday was a great day.  We went to church, and came home, had lunch and the boys asked if they could get out the slip n' slide.  It was so beautiful out there was no way we could say no, so we help them get set up.  Before Brad and I knew what we were doing we had the whole family in their swim suits in the backyard and...fun ensued!




The following is the end result of Brad sending the girls down the slip n' slide...they were not too keen on the cold water.





So of course since the kids were going down the slip n' slide they were begging me to do it.  I told them if daddy went I would go, I am not sure what I was thinking.  Brad happily went down the slip n' slide, even though the weigh requirements said that he should not go.  Secretly I was hoping he would break it so I would not have to go, yes I know that is selfish, but slip n' sliding is not my idea of fun.  He did not break it and so I had to go, because I am a woman of my word...the fun was caught on camera.  

Thankfully I did not break it either...whew!

I noticed while we were all having fun the dogs had different feelings about the water.  Solomon had a great time watching us laugh and splash.
 I love that he looks like he is smiling.


Esther was on the opposite end of the emotional spectrum.  She does not want to be around any of us when water is in play, especially Brad, and the kids too. ;)
 Hiding under the grill cover.


 Christian helping Ruthie walk through the slip n' slide, Micah and Brielle cheering her on.

 I was able to get some great shots of the kids before all the playing was over.




We ended the day with ice cream before supper and needless to say it was a hit with with kids, although sweet Ruthie had a hard time enjoying it because she was soooooooo tired.



We came home to a beautiful double rainbow off our back porch.  The kids were so excited to see it, but my little Ruthie was the happiest...
 Ruthie making sure everyone knew where the rainbow was.

 


No comments: