Thursday, May 13, 2010

Christian's birthday was a month ago and we celebrated, but it is just taking me till now to get this posted. He decided he wanted to go to Skate-land, I of course was secretly dreading Skate-land. I asked him if he wanted to go bowling, he said no. Movies, nope. Out to dinner? Not a chance. So we got a sitter for the girls and took off.

We got there and Skate-land truly lived up to everything I thought it would be. Stinky musty air smell, really dirty carpets, germ filled skate rentals, I dared not look in the bathrooms, and we did not get a snack from the concession stand. No we picked up our skates and as fast as they could the boys were on the floor. When I saw Christian's face I knew why we had come:

Micah of course was in skate heaven too! He likes to go as fast as he can and is pretty good at it, I was just worried he was going to smash into someone! He didn't, but there were a few close calls.



Not really sure what happened here...

My boys enjoying their skating time. Brad started out with roller blades and then decided to switch to old school roller skates. There were a bit hard to navigate on then he remembered, but I had a lot of fun pretending I was going to push him down. Muahahahaha!


After skating we went to Dairy Queen. Everyone got their own Blizzard and we all agreed that at that moment it was better than cake! Yum!! What a great way to end a very happy 7th birthday!!

Dear Christian,
You are growing so big! I cannot believe you are 7! Did you know that the day you were born you would not cry for the nurses? You wanted to take a nap! You were the sweetest baby and that sweet spirit is still with you today. You make your daddy and I so proud! You are a giver, a sharer, a helper, an athlete, a hard worker, and a boy who loves Jesus! You are amazing! Our prayer for you is that you hold on to your faith and follow the incredible path God has laid out for you. We know that you are going to do big things for Him. We pray you grow as big and tall as you want to be and you become who God intends you to be.

Love Mom and Dad

No comments: